Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Little Culture (and food)

There is a very cool local organization called Slum Doctor Programme that provides medical care for AIDS victims in Africa. They had a fundraiser dinner last Sunday featuring an authentic Ethiopia meal. I thought this would be a fun chance for Christian to get a little taste of what it will be like when we go to Ethiopia. We had a lot of fun, and I think I will be packing a lot of granola bars :)

Christian busted a move to the African music with his Sunday School teacher, then tried out some lentils, injera, and root salad (which was the only thing he really liked). We ran into another family we know with two new Ethiopia kids (a 5-year-old and a baby). They were super cute because the older child was THRILLED to have some "home cooked food". Christian on the other hand thought everything was a bit too spicy (and the injera was too sour). But the lemon and chai ice creams were just right, of course.

Hmm, not so sure.

And we also ran into one of Christian's school friends. She and her little friend are both adopted from China, and they are just the best of buddies. They were wearing tiaras, of course! Oh the girliness I don't know anything about!

Showing off for the ladies.

No comments: