
On Friday night we were at the Grandparent's house for the night, and as I'm snuggling Christian in bed after his story we had this conversation:
C: I know what we should have for breakfast tomorrow.
Me: What?
C: Artichokes!
Me: Really? You want artichokes for breakfast?
C: Yes! Because artichokes are my favorite, are they your favorite?
Me: Uh, yeah, I like artichokes.
C: Artichokes are the bessssst (spelling is for sound effect he made). We should have artichokes and pancake puffs for breakfast. Can we? Does Grammy have artichokes?
Me: Uh, yeah buddy. I'm sure we can work that out. Now go to sleep.
Sidenote about the pancake puffs: At the Grandparent's house the big attraction is to watch one Power Rangers episode off their DVR before bed. This is a very big deal since we don't have TV at our house (we have videos but no Cable TV- too expensive). Well for some reason the channel that Power Rangers is on ALWAYS has 2 commercials for "The Pancake Puff Pan" during the show. ALWAYS. And if anyone tries to tell you that advertising has no real effect on children they're full of crap, because we eat a hell of a lot of Pancake Puffs on Saturday mornings at my parents house. Luckily they're technically a Dutch thing, so Grammy did not have to run to the phone to order her pancake puff pan for 3 easy payments of $9.99, she already had it.
No comments:
Post a Comment